Central pneumatic / HF air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westislander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...p-165-psi-two-stage-air-compressor-62299.html

Anyone have any experience with this compressor? Usually I think of HF as low quality but I heard that these are made by a quality manufacturer. With a 20% coupon the price is only $639 ...The numbers it is putting out is pretty impressive
  • Air delivery: 15.8 CFM @ 90 PSI, 16.4 CFM @ 40 PSI
  • Name 60 gal. 5 HP 165 PSI Two Stage Air Compressor
    SKU 62299
    Brand Central Pneumatic®
    Amperage (amps) 22
    Certification ASME
    Horsepower (hp) 5
    Maximum pressure (PSI) 165 PSI

Jalopy_J

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The HF 20% coupons in every damn flyer cannot be used on compressors.

I haven't owned that specific compressor, but I owned a 25 or 26 gallon and have used a couple other HF compressors. They've been good units. I wouldn't be afraid of buying a HF compressor again.

I sold my HF to my brother recently and bought a 60 gallon Sanborn from Menards on sale for $400. It's not a two stage like the on you listed, but it's plenty for my garage. Sanborn is a manufacturer. Most of the time their compressors carry DeWalt branding or what not at an inflated price. Menards sells the exact same one without the fancy brand for cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dave84