Center console stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Croc1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
So I swapped buckets into truck (90's buckets mounted on the old bench seat frame) and I dint want to cut the dash to put a deck in. I've done that before and found it was in a inconvenient spot and made a rat's nest of wires. So this time around I'm wanting to modify or build a center console that has the head unit and maybe couple speakers in it. Problem I'm having is sm465 when you put it in reverse the shifter comes back quite a bit. I have a 90s center counsel that I through in there (just free balling) just to see how would look and I'm just kinda stuck on a general configuration to go with.
Has anyone built or bought something Similar to what I'm describing?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
What type of "deck" are you planning to install? I have the Retrosound Hermosa radio, which is a stock looking radio that comes in four separate parts.

The retrosound radios have cables between the front display, body/amp, and each knob. For a stock install you bolt it all together with brackets and have a fairly stock form-factor radio. However, you could separate the display (about 2.5" thick) from the body/amp and knobs, and have flexibility in where they are located. It has inputs for external devices (bluetooth, USB, line in), but does not directly control an external CD player.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg