Cargo Lamp Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmballer35

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
V8 350
Hey everybody! This is my first post! I inherited a 1978 Chevy C10 and have been trying to replace some older bulbs. I have swapped out the cargo lamp bulb with a new one and it’s still not working. Do you know anything I can check? I was thinking it could be the fuse or the switch itself. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this? I have attached a photo of the fuse box...

You must be registered for see images attach

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Will be watching your progress on this as I am also trying to get my cargo lamp to work. So far have it completely removed and cleaning it up. It has never worked since I got the truck but it will soon hopefully. Will be breaking out the test light soon. :cheers:

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Does your dome light work? Cargo light gets power from the same source.

My cargo light also has flaky switch contacts, and it helped a lot to spray them with Deoxit contact cleaner to remove corrosion.

Bruce

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
It is run directly off the dome circuit. There is a connector at the base of the drivers side cab corner inside. From that connector it runs up to the switch at the top of the pillar and then over to the light. If the dome light comes on when the door is open, it is something between that connector and the cargo light. If the dome light only comes on when you rotate the light switch all the way clockwise, you should check the door pillar switches or the light switch itself.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
It is run directly off the dome circuit. There is a connector at the base of the drivers side cab corner inside. From that connector it runs up to the switch at the top of the pillar and then over to the light. If the dome light comes on when the door is open, it is something between that connector and the cargo light. If the dome light only comes on when you rotate the light switch all the way clockwise, you should check the door pillar switches or the light switch itself.

Excellent, Thank you, problem solved! Door pillar switch was the culprit, I didn't know about that one until reading your post!:cheers:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Excellent, Thank you, problem solved! Door pillar switch was the culprit, I didn't know about that one until reading your post!:cheers:
LMC makes a brand new one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te