Cardboard thing behind seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Has anyone bought a reproduction cardboard shelf behind seat? Also do you have kind of storage behind your seat, especially you could put a handgun or rifle in, or whatever. Most things I put behind the seat ends up under the seat.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
I've seen the cardboard unit go for a hefty price on a couple sites. Unless you are looking at a correct restoration I'd make my own. I haven't but have seen some pics of homemade ones that look good and are much more functional than the original part.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
The one in my Square is fiberglass . It was in the truck when I got it . Google squarebody behind seat organizer or truck behind seat organizer Squarebody . I didnt see any like mine , but there are some that hang off the seat and some boxes that may work for you or just Google similar requests n see what is out thereAmazon has the ones that hang off the seat ,but you may be able to adapt to hang on the cab itself.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
The one in my Square is fiberglass . It was in the truck when I got it . Google squarebody behind seat organizer or truck behind seat organizer Squarebody . I didnt see any like mine , but there are some that hang off the seat and some boxes that may work for you or just Google similar requests n see what is out thereAmazon has the ones that hang off the seat ,but you may be able to adapt to hang on the cab itself.

I have the same one. I believe it was made by Dee-Zee.

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size

Thanks for the response. Will your seats go back all the way with that there? Looks like you maybe put a rifle in it.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Your seats look like they fold forward. I don't think mine does. Am I missing something?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I snatched up this fiberglass part out of an old MACK TRUCK thinkin i'll work it in someway because it looks both handy AND super cool! :headbang:

Intent on behind the seat carpet, i'll simply screw it to a 1/4" backing board or similar.

I bought their vinyl flooring for the C20, think i'll hit em up for the carpet..

Is that related lol?

https://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=23662&ModelId=88&FilterYear=1977

Last edited:

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
My seat does fold ,, the interior came out of my 79 K20 Scottsdale parts truck. . same with my doors. Easy trade My original seat didn't fold

Last edited:

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have the same one. I believe it was made by Dee-Zee.
Seat does go all the way back and shotgun and rifle installed see attached photos

Ha! I still have my gun rack. There are so many gun paranoid yuppies around here now, I keep my firearms out sight.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
It is an old double and I dont keep it there , it rests beside my bed. Next to my 357 . put it in my truck just for the pic.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
When I saw the MACK box I thought it looked like the perfect thing to stash a pistol in..some kind of little truck gun..:shrug:
Oh. I failed to mention bucket seats..

I'll scoop up a rifle rack when the opportunity presents, fer.shure!

71RAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
When I saw the MACK box I thought it looked like the perfect thing to stash a pistol in..some kind of little truck gun..:shrug:
Oh. I failed to mention bucket seats..

I'll scoop up a rifle rack when the opportunity presents, fer.shure!

The seat cover I just bought has 3 big pockets on the back, easily store hand guns in, maybe a double barrel pistol like in the Mad Max movies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii