Carb to mounting plate torque specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

granthendrickson

Reaction score
First Name
grant
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What is the carb to mounting plate torque specs? I’ve been having a vacuum leak and so I tried to torque the nuts on the studs to 3 ft lbs and the studs stripped out and one broke in the mounting plate. The treads for the plate came out with the studs when I took the non broken ones out. I plan to get a new mounting plate as it’s cheap enough. The carb is a 1407 eldebrock.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I'm guessing your doing a Rochester to square bore adapter? If you are I recommend finding one with bolts through plate vs the stud ones.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
If 3 lbs is damaging fasteners / threads that is pure chinese junk. As stated buy a better product.

As far as torque value, when it comes to delicate fasteners I use a wrench and hold it close to the fastener so I do not have the leverage advantage of the length of the tool.

My carb is on just a fuzz tighter than what it took to flatten the lock washers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC