Caliper noise!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charlesg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
Ok so replaced the pads, fitted them by bending the tabs, put some of that orange brake quiet stuff on and replaced the ds bolt slide with a thicker one and still getting banging noise when go over bumps with foot off the brake, thinking of putting shim stock under the bolt slide retainer, any thoughts?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Ok so replaced the pads, fitted them by bending the tabs, put some of that orange brake quiet stuff on and replaced the ds bolt slide with a thicker one and still getting banging noise when go over bumps with foot off the brake, thinking of putting shim stock under the bolt slide retainer, any thoughts?

A little lost here - DS bolt slide - ?

2WD, or 4WD ?
If 2w, wonder if there are some worn bushings in the upper control arms allowing them to pivot back and forth .

Got pics?

Thanks!

Britt

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
Do you have the spring clips holding the inner pads to the pistons installed?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I'm with @Goldie Driver . Kind of.

There are only so many options for brake parts and you already replaced the little bushing....my thought was "maybe it's time to find a different bad guy"? I'm not convinced PLUS there's no pix.

Martin

Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Not sure if you have fixed your problem but if it is a 1 ton you have to shim your calipers or they will continue to make the clanging noise when driving. Once shimed they will be nice and quiet!!

charlesg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
k3500
Engine Size
Not sure if you have fixed your problem but if it is a 1 ton you have to shim your calipers or they will continue to make the clanging noise when driving. Once shimed they will be nice and quiet!!
how do I shim them??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128