C30 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Dude on GMFS was trying to sell that not too far back. Hasn't been mobile in years, obviously. Used to be a show truck and has a lot of old fab work done on it. I wonder what the rot is like on it.
Haha! Try, try again I guess. I posted it there too. It seems a shame to let it rot away.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Haha! Try, try again I guess. I posted it there too. It seems a shame to let it rot away.
I agree. Dude who mentioned seemed like a nice enough guy. Would be a cool project for someone who has the room for it. The guy tried to get me to buy it but I just don't have the room right now and my awesome HOA would not be keen on me sitting that thing in my driveway :rofl:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I’m not really sure I need another project either. Maybe if I were closer.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I’m not really sure I need another project either. Maybe if I were closer.
You at least have a big enough building for such activities. I'm mucho jealous of such things LOL

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
No front clip, no running gear, laying frame because it's been sitting so long, paint almost nonexistent, interior falling apart and a salvage title. Hmm, must be a typo in the price as there seems to be an extra zero. Or am I missing something?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
No front clip, no running gear, laying frame because it's been sitting so long, paint almost nonexistent, interior falling apart and a salvage title. Hmm, must be a typo in the price as there seems to be an extra zero. Or am I missing something?
Needs more pics but the reason it's laying frame is because it's on bags and has quite a bit of fabrication into the frame. I'd assume he has the front clip just not pictured. He definitely needs more pics and info to get much action at that price point.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I cannot assume anything but what the pics and the description tell me. So no front clip or bumpers. Rear is on bags which are a wearable part. They have who knows how many years on them and have been out in the weather so likely need replaced. No mention of the front on bags so it is sunk into the ground from sitting but is 'custom' so you can't just go to the parts store. You'll end up having expensive fab work and/or a lot of trial and error trying to fix any issues. Sorry to say the 'quite a bit of fabrication into the frame' does not put my mind at ease.
You seem to have more info about this truck than the writer of the ad. Maybe you should make an add for it. Lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
I cannot assume anything but what the pics and the description tell me. So no front clip or bumpers. Rear is on bags which are a wearable part. They have who knows how many years on them and have been out in the weather so likely need replaced. No mention of the front on bags so it is sunk into the ground from sitting but is 'custom' so you can't just go to the parts store. You'll end up having expensive fab work and/or a lot of trial and error trying to fix any issues. Sorry to say the 'quite a bit of fabrication into the frame' does not put my mind at ease.
You seem to have more info about this truck than the writer of the ad. Maybe you should make an add for it. Lol.
I’ll call him and suggest it. He’d probably sell it quicker! Lol probably not serious about selling lol

varmit86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Ok, Truck is NOT a salvage title it is clean, the front clip is custom also, the hood has a 69 Z28 cowl induction scoop sectioned into it by a top metal guy. a real work of art. the nose looks a lot like the newer body style full phantom only wider with a shave cowl panel. the bed not the one pictured is fully shaved bed pockets, lights, fuel doors and the tailgate. the gap beneath the gate has been tightened up. the fuel fill is inside the gate and both tanks fill from the one fill. the rear air ride is 90 % bolt on so other than a couple brackets and the C notch could all be removed. it used the large rolling sleeve bags in the rear like the big rigs and #2600 in the front. the four link was done to keep the drive line geometry perfect throughout the travel. the four link bars are made from 1.5" sch 80 heavy wall black pipe to give you an idea of size.
Truck has had an easy life always pulling our boats to the river since new and never a work truck, as you can see the paint on the truck is the original with the striping done by Dick Vale when new in 86 so truck has never been hit.
When the truck was together on air, it rode like a caddy but would carry or pull just about anything at any ride height.
It would be a shame to let this truck go to waste there has been a lot of money and time invested in it already.
GREAT PROJECT!!!

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Ok, Truck is NOT a salvage title it is clean, the front clip is custom also, the hood has a 69 Z28 cowl induction scoop sectioned into it by a top metal guy. a real work of art. the nose looks a lot like the newer body style full phantom only wider with a shave cowl panel. the bed not the one pictured is fully shaved bed pockets, lights, fuel doors and the tailgate. the gap beneath the gate has been tightened up. the fuel fill is inside the gate and both tanks fill from the one fill. the rear air ride is 90 % bolt on so other than a couple brackets and the C notch could all be removed. it used the large rolling sleeve bags in the rear like the big rigs and #2600 in the front. the four link was done to keep the drive line geometry perfect throughout the travel. the four link bars are made from 1.5" sch 80 heavy wall black pipe to give you an idea of size.
Truck has had an easy life always pulling our boats to the river since new and never a work truck, as you can see the paint on the truck is the original with the striping done by Dick Vale when new in 86 so truck has never been hit.
When the truck was together on air, it rode like a caddy but would carry or pull just about anything at any ride height.
It would be a shame to let this truck go to waste there has been a lot of money and time invested in it already.
GREAT PROJECT!!!
Add some pics to the thread in case there's someone here who may be legitimately interested.

varmit86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
pictures kind a suck and I am in Washington and truck is in So California so hard to get more till I go down again.

You must be registered for see images attach

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The mirrors are different on the truck with the front on it than the one in the first pic. No stripes on the last one either. They are the same truck though?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08