c10/c60 compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montes57

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
sorry in advance to be "that guy" . i looked in search bar, didnt see exactly what i was looking for. I have a 77c10 plain jane custom deluxe. online,not terribly far is a 75 c60 for sale. pics show dash pad and doors in good condition. Cleary the instrument panel is different, but does the dash pad fit? It appears to be shaped slightly different. i liked the bad ass mirrors, granted a little much for a 1/2 ton, but i can make them tighter to door, to give it a more normal look. was gonna message guy asking if he would part her out but wanted all my ducks in a row. I anyone can help me out, that would be great. dont wanna miss out and more importantly, i can expand my search for old farm trucks if i know the doors are a match. from a pic it sure as hell looks it.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
sorry in advance to be "that guy" . i looked in search bar, didnt see exactly what i was looking for. I have a 77c10 plain jane custom deluxe. online,not terribly far is a 75 c60 for sale. pics show dash pad and doors in good condition. Cleary the instrument panel is different, but does the dash pad fit? It appears to be shaped slightly different. i liked the bad ass mirrors, granted a little much for a 1/2 ton, but i can make them tighter to door, to give it a more normal look. was gonna message guy asking if he would part her out but wanted all my ducks in a row. I anyone can help me out, that would be great. dont wanna miss out and more importantly, i can expand my search for old farm trucks if i know the doors are a match. from a pic it sure as hell looks it.
I know the doors will fit, have done it. As far as the dash, I dont know.

montes57

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
thanks, i really want doors, dashpad would be gravy, mine is horrible. to far gone to try that expandable foam/ bondo resto mod ive seen on YT

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
The only things that are really different on the medium duty cabs is the hump in the floor and firewall, and the instrument cluster and bezel, depending on the feature set of the truck in question. The dash pad should be exactly the same as a light truck of the same time period.

montes57

Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
thank u everyone for your feedback, now i know i can include c60 when i hunt marketplace!

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
The only things that are really different on the medium duty cabs is the hump in the floor and firewall, and the instrument cluster and bezel, depending on the feature set of the truck in question. The dash pad should be exactly the same as a light truck of the same time period.
instrument cluster is the same ;)

Attachments

• _DSC5236.jpg
    _DSC5236.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 62

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
The dash pad will fit just the same, but they never had that style in the light duty trucks. It's a very plain Jane, homely lookin thing.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The cluster may be the same physical size, but the gauge layout is much different. The tach with embedded fuel gauge was never used on the light duty trucks, and it’s only a 4K tach. I’m also not sure about the pin outs of the large plug for the cluster.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
At least the early C50 & 60 series truck (1974 &1975) dash pads are formed cardboard, they are painted, no vinyl cover.

They will fit the early squares to 1980 fine. Very fragile when you try to remove it there is no metal support.

We had '74 & '75 C60s in the fleet back then. They were all base model trim. Upper trim models may have a different dash pad.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
The dash pad will fit just the same, but they never had that style in the light duty trucks. It's a very plain Jane, homely lookin thing.

Most square body medium trucks I see typically mimic a light duty custom deluxe of the same time period. There's no reason one couldn't be upgraded to Cheyenne or Silverado style features, in fact it has been done on many custom builds.

instrument cluster is the same ;)

In regards to instrument clusters, you could make a medium duty one work in a light duty, but you have to modify your wiring harness accordingly, it's not plug and play like one light truck to another (the hook ups on light truck clusters changed throughout the years, so even they sometimes need modifications to work when you start mixing and matching.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
The cluster may be the same physical size, but the gauge layout is much different. The tach with embedded fuel gauge was never used on the light duty trucks, and it’s only a 4K tach. I’m also not sure about the pin outs of the large plug for the cluster.

The trucks with gasoline engines would have a 5000RPM tach with a fuel gauge. Some diesels had the lower 4000RPM gauge. Yes, you need to repin a couple wires. You also need use the resistor from your original large fuel gauge.

What's the gauge in the lower left?

Boost gauge for a super charger?

These trucks would havd a vacuum gauge for juice brakes, or an air pressure gauge for air brakes

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
can be retro fit with few mod :)

Attachments

• _DSC5292.jpg
    _DSC5292.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84