Burb rear bumper impact trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Due to our local standards here my burb has some extra indicators that have been added to the rear bumper. This has required a cutout to the bumper and the impact strip that goes onto it. On of the indicators has some damage to the lens so most likely wont pass the roadworthy checks so I was going to stick in a couple of new LED indicators that are a little smaller than what is going to be removed. This will leave a big of an ugly looking cutout in the impact trim. I've had a look around and I can see anywhere that sells new ones - any ideas on if they can be sourced new or is it second hand ones only?

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Yeah, I'd like to see what that looks like. Strange that GM would specify something different for "down under" vehicles.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah, I'd like to see what that looks like. Strange that GM would specify something different for "down under" vehicles.
It not a GM spec. Its been done by who ever imported it to meet aus standards. We cant have red for indicators as it was originally so some amber indicators have had to be added
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my GT-S7275Y using Tapatalk

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
That's a rough install if it was done by an importer. If it would pass inspection I'd move things around a bit. For signals I'd put amber bulbs where the reverse lights are and then install some small clear backup lights into the bumper. You would still have to deal with the hacked impact strip but the light arrangement would look cleaner.

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
That's a rough install if it was done by an importer. If it would pass inspection I'd move things around a bit. For signals I'd put amber bulbs where the reverse lights are and then install some small clear backup lights into the bumper. You would still have to deal with the hacked impact strip but the light arrangement would look cleaner.
I was actually thinking about eventually putting in some clear tail light lenses and having everything internal inside the lens. If no one makes a new impact trim then I'll just replace the rear (and front) bumpers with full chrome jobbies

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Last edited:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I've never seen the impact strip for sale. Does your front bumper have one also?

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Front bumper has one as well
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my GT-S7275Y using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
There's motorhomes from multiple manufacturers that use square body taillight lenses, but often molded in clear, amber, or red. A pair of those in clear or amber might be useful?