Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I hate when I see posts like that on Craigslist and don't understand the mentality of it. When waste your time posting your rant on Craigslist? If you don't like what someone posts or how they are posting it then simply ignore it. I usually flag "rant" posts and hope it gets removed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I hate when I see posts like that on Craigslist and don't understand the mentality of it. When waste your time posting your rant on Craigslist? If you don't like what someone posts or how they are posting it then simply ignore it. I usually flag "rant" posts and hope it gets removed.
Exactly, and if anything help the guy out if you want him to quit posting it. It woudln't have bothered me so I probably wouldnt have posted anything, unless it was rant in response to that guys rant, or I'd email the guy and tell him try eBay to get more of a nationwide market. List a few parts and pay the fees, but in those eBay listings I'd be telling everyone I have other parts too, just ask. I have sold many items on eBAy when I take the pic of the item for sale, other items are in the background, and sure enough, someone will usually ask in direct email and it ends up sold.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Craiglist Lesson : So this guy lists a Tow DOLLY for $125 and some other things. I emailed about the Tow DOLLY, asking if its a homemade jerry rigged unit, or is it manufacactured. The guy didn't put a locaction, DUH, had to ask 3 times before I finally got that, although I knew it was a distance cuz of the area code. So its about 70 miles from me. Being its 70 miles, and its manufactured, for $125, I'll still go get it. Used around here they go for about $500 for a decent one, so this is a steal. So I tell him, I am coming from OKC and would like a pic and if its what I think it is, I'll run to the bank, be on my way and there in an hour and a half. He calls me back and asked if I got the pic yet. I said NO, then said, well tell me about it and if it sounds like what I want then I'll just come get it. He says all this crap, then I ask about fenders. He says no, it don't need no fenders, it ain't got no wheels. LMAO, I said, Ohhhhhhhhhhh so this is a tow BAR, not a tow DOLLY. He says, NO MAN, this is a damn TOW DOLLY with chains and everything you need to hook up and tow a car. I had to laugh, and while laughing, I said, sir, I already have a TOW BAR, but I want a TOW DOLLY now, and TOW DOLLY has wheels and ramps with tire straps. He said **** YOU and hung up on me. Probably cuz he was pissed cuz I was laughing my ass off. Needless to say, I saved myself about 3 hours time and $45 in gas and being pissed off for a few days. Instead of being pissed off, I think I about laughed til I pissed my pants, and I laughed even harder when the guys said F you and hung up on me. LMAO Dumb redneck idiot !!! :grd::roflbow:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I was blown away that the dude was calling it worthless crap when they sell so much ******** for honda's other sport compacts on craigslist. The sad thing is... im pretty sure all the AMC's got crushed, Its rare to see them period and to see all the different models this guy had was awesome, It had to be a long time collection. One that stuck out in my mind was the Jeep Wagoneer I guess before gm and then Chrysler got Jeep.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Craiglist Lesson : So this guy lists a Tow DOLLY for $125 and some other things. I emailed about the Tow DOLLY, asking if its a homemade jerry rigged unit, or is it manufacactured. The guy didn't put a locaction, DUH, had to ask 3 times before I finally got that, although I knew it was a distance cuz of the area code. So its about 70 miles from me. Being its 70 miles, and its manufactured, for $125, I'll still go get it. Used around here they go for about $500 for a decent one, so this is a steal. So I tell him, I am coming from OKC and would like a pic and if its what I think it is, I'll run to the bank, be on my way and there in an hour and a half. He calls me back and asked if I got the pic yet. I said NO, then said, well tell me about it and if it sounds like what I want then I'll just come get it. He says all this crap, then I ask about fenders. He says no, it don't need no fenders, it ain't got no wheels. LMAO, I said, Ohhhhhhhhhhh so this is a tow BAR, not a tow DOLLY. He says, NO MAN, this is a damn TOW DOLLY with chains and everything you need to hook up and tow a car. I had to laugh, and while laughing, I said, sir, I already have a TOW BAR, but I want a TOW DOLLY now, and TOW DOLLY has wheels and ramps with tire straps. He said **** YOU and hung up on me. Probably cuz he was pissed cuz I was laughing my ass off. Needless to say, I saved myself about 3 hours time and $45 in gas and being pissed off for a few days. Instead of being pissed off, I think I about laughed til I pissed my pants, and I laughed even harder when the guys said F you and hung up on me. LMAO Dumb redneck idiot !!! :grd::roflbow:

HAHAHA THAT IS INCREDIBLE. It dont need any fenders...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
A good tow dolly around here goes for around $1,000. Something that can haul a truck anyway. The smaller car dollys are alot less, in the $500 range. But the tires on a stock K10 wont fit between the fenders on those.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
A good tow dolly around here goes for around $1,000. Something that can haul a truck anyway. The smaller car dollys are alot less, in the $500 range. But the tires on a stock K10 wont fit between the fenders on those.
Not according to this seller. This Tow DOLLY could haul ANYTHING you hooked it up to, its a stout buger, I'm tellin ya. LMAO But it don't need fenders, cuz it aint got wheels. :roflbow: You right on the prices C4, I think I'll just stick to my trailer. I was just hoping to get away from towing 1100lb trailer empty one way, because that alone even empty hurts the fuel mileage. Its an 18 ft Tandem axle. And sometimes I do use my universal tow bar, if what I am towing has decent tires and most of its lugnuts. But then whatever you are towing needs the front bumper too and sometimes I buy stuff to keep it out of the junkard and part it out, but someone has already taken the bumper, so then its trailer time regardless. I am sure I can do without a tow DOLLY, but if I find a steal on one, I'd sure get it. I shoulda known for $125 something was up on this one.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
There was a nice one in the local Ad Bulletin recently I called about, 8' wide where the towed vehicle's tires sit so my truck on 38's would go on it easy. After talking with him about it a couple minutes he dropped to $900 from $1,000. He didnt have a price in his ad so I called about it, really wished I had the money that day, it sounded like a great one. 2008 model, heavy duty, steel flattop fenders.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There was a nice one in the local Ad Bulletin recently I called about, 8' wide where the towed vehicle's tires sit so my truck on 38's would go on it easy. After talking with him about it a couple minutes he dropped to $900 from $1,000. He didnt have a price in his ad so I called about it, really wished I had the money that day, it sounded like a great one. 2008 model, heavy duty, steel flattop fenders.

hmmmmm, That one needed fenders??? LMAO :roflbow: Does sound like a nice one.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I just gave away a sweet ass tow bar setup that came with my pickup. It had a frame you bolted onto the trucks frame behind the bumper, It worked great for towing around my k10.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just gave away a sweet ass tow bar setup that came with my pickup. It had a frame you bolted onto the trucks frame behind the bumper, It worked great for towing around my k10.
Awww Man, and it wasn't me you gave it too. I'd like to have at least seen it and see if how hard it would be to make one.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I gave it away because of plans for a new one I never made of coarse. Next one I have should bolt directly to the frame in place of the bumper mounts. That way when you score a new k truck you can just bring 4 good tires and the tow bar, pull the trucks bumper and roll away!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes