building air pressor power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
LS 6L hydroboost system.....every time i open up the power steering reservoir i can ear air pressor coming out......i bleed my system 50 times to get all the air that can be inside...but driving on the higway when i push hard my brake i loose my power steering and brake...and few second after is coming back to normal...all the rest work perfect no wining noise just that air that built in the reservoir.....wath cause this? bad power steering pump? (its a old one from my donor swap) or bad hydrobooster? (original one from my 1986 C10)

You must be registered for see images attach

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@TPISly-C10,

This is kinda a old post but do you have anymore pictures of your engine set up and this power steering? Also, do you have anything done to the suspension, front or rear? Why did you go to hydroboost power steering? Does that LS have that much power you need more stopping power? I know LS6, but how much are we talking about?

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
do you have anymore pictures of your engine set up and this power steering? Yes
Also, do you have anything done to the suspension, front or rear? Yes full coil over set up QA1 in front and TCI in rear
Why did you go to hydroboost power steering? All ready got HB born diesel model
Does that LS have that much power you need more stopping power? No just need to upgrade my HB systeme in place
I know LS6, but how much are we talking about? about what?

rebuilt all my HB system now and all work fine! :)

Attachments

• _DSC4725.jpg
    _DSC4725.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 89
  • _DSC4726.jpg
    _DSC4726.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 81

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@TPISly-C10,

You know, what was wrong with regular power brakes that GM thought they needed to design a hydraulic assisted braking system? I can see it for some really big delivery truck, maybe, but on a pickup? No. Explain, TPISly-C10.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
HB was made for high load capacitie truck..stock brake booster are fine too...for high horsepower engine with low vacuum capacitie HB is best :)

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hydraboost= power brakes for your power brakes...lol

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@TPISly-C10,

You know, what was wrong with regular power brakes that GM thought they needed to design a hydraulic assisted braking system? I can see it for some really big delivery truck, maybe, but on a pickup? No. Explain, TPISly-C10.
It does provide more power assist to the brakes, but that isn't the primary reason for it. The main reason for hydroboost is the lack of vacuum in a diesel engine. Thats why his truck had a hydroboost, because it was originally a diesel truck and without manifold vacuum, you cant have a vacuum booster for the power brakes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind