Broken Speedo Cable Housing Causing Problems? 87 V10 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CloneoftheMean

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
2 years ago I managed to break my speedo cable housing. I repaired it using an old bolt lag shield and some black tape, pretty frigging solid if I must say...Ever since, my speedo bounces up and down occasionally. But what is really bothering me is the transmission feels like it's not locking up correctly. I replaced ECU's (it needed one) EGR's, solenoids, sensors, even injectors, checked for vac leaks and even took it to two tranny shops. They both said the transmission was okay. One shop said my O2 sensor was giving a bad reading while it was acting up on a test drive
I ended up simply removing the speedo cable from the T case and the issue disappeared. I've driven it well over a year this way with no issues. Last week I hooked the speedo up and it went right back hiccuping. My question is; is there a speed sensor or something that is getting crossed up because of the speedometer bouncing around?
The instrumemt panel looks normal, nothing fancy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoblind