Brake line overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadynasty

Reaction score
First Name
Quinn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Hey guys, I have a 87 chevy v10 and am debating replacing the hard brake line from the proportioning valve to the rear. The truck is rusted as f and pieced together from last owner. My plan is buy brake tubing with fittings and rent flaring tool, then find where the line isnt horrible, cut it, flare it, and connect it to hand bent brake tubing. Would it be easier to try to disconnect from prop valve and bend a full line instead of piecing together? Will a normal brake bleed afterward get all the air out?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
You are on the right track. If you can find a good spot there is nothing wrong with a splice but that depends on the condition of the rest of the line. I like to buy brake line in a coil and make my lines as one continuous run. Yes a standard brake bleed will work fine. I can usually get them to gravity bleed but having a buddy there helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke