Brake Line Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
Who is currently the best source of pre-made brake line kits? Looking for complete kit for 83 GMC K2500. Thanks.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Inline Tube is pretty good.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had Inline's kit and about half of the sections were nowhere near what I had. I set pics of what they sent next to what I had and you'd think it was a different vehicle altogether. They eventually refunded me 100% - which is very rare and against their standard policy. Their bolt and bracket kits are pretty nice. I still have their front braided stainless flex lines for a lifted square - have zero use for them - brand new if anyone's interested.

Truthfully? Just make your own. I had never done it and they came out great. Was about half the cost to buy the tubing, flare tool and bender. Now I have the whole setup should I ever hit my head really hard and want to do another.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks for the reply. I've made some lines for minor repairs, but was hoping to find a kit to save me some time. If that's the best around that's not too good.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
I recently installed a stainless steel complete line kit on my truck from restoration parts unlimited (branded as “the right stuff detailing”) and have been pretty pleased. Flares were good out of the box, no leaks or fit issues. Material seemed solid. I have a R10 but surely they make kits for your truck, worth a look a least. Price wasn’t too bad either when I picked mine up. Nothing wrong with making your own lines either, but it does require some patience. As long as you’ve got plenty of that it’s smooth sailing

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I put a new rear line in my truck (from the proportioning valve-back) that I bought from LMC. It was just an Inline Tube kit. Fit pretty good, it was curled up in the box though and I had to un-bend it. Was a little nerve wracking but I just took my time with it and it came out fine. Everything fit and worked well except for the union that's under the cab, I had to reuse my original to get it to stop leaking.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'll check out Restoration Parts Unlimited. I have an old Brothers Truck Parts catalog and see that they offer a line kit as well. Anyone tried theirs for fit and function?

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'd bet money that theirs is Inline Tube as well. Brother's is just a reseller, they don't make anything (and also were just bought out by Holley).

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
inlinetube.com
Have used 2 of their kits now and they are pretty slick and they were 98% spot on to the removed factory stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg