Brake and front end upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan billings
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
Hey all,
New member Looking for insight. I currently have the front axle sitting on the floor in my “shop”. I’m in the process of installing a 6 inch lift from ORD along with a front crossmember from them, competition motor mounts and a steering box brace. ( anyone with experience or advice installing any of that stuff feel free to chime in. It all looks pretty standard I’m working on cutting out that front crossmember now)
My question is what upgrades have you done and was it worth it in regards to brakes. Also what does everyone run for tie rods ball joints and mostly universal joints I don’t want them to snap.

My calipers are pretty crap looking and I would like to replace them. It looks like I can get some 4 piston Wilwood calipers that would bolt rite in. This looked like exactly what I was looking for as far as a brake upgrade and I was hoping someone who has them might say if they are worth it.
Thanks for any help
Ryan

You must be registered for see images attach

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I can only comment on the ORD bolt in steering brace, very strong well made part

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I can only comment on the ORD bolt in steering brace, very strong well made part
agree

You might do the Jeep Cherokee intermediate shaft upgrade as well. Only about $20 at local junkyard

Welcome BTW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg