Boot on blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
The little waterproof boot over the connector on the blower motor power wire has broken or rotted in half. The problem is the part that fits snug over the blower to hold it in place is what has separated so the connection is intermittent.

I looked around in some other threads and saw that a junkyard might be the best place to look but I have not had luck at the pick and pulls around here (they are heavily picked before I make it there :))

Since it is just for waterproofing is there any issue with me electrical taping the connection and then electrical taping the boot as well? I don't mind ordering the new part either but I haven't been able to find it except in a $600 complete wiring package.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
NAPA PN# ECH EC1146 is probably what you need.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/ECHEC1146
Mine split too, but I just put a small bit of RTV in the seam and then used large heat shrink around the outside of the connector to hold it together. The part applicability doesn't show it as being for GM vehicles, but this one looks like the right one to me.

saltdog

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
I used a new connector and salvaged the broken boot with liquid electrical tape. it worked great but took several coats

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
I used a new connector and salvaged the broken boot with liquid electrical tape. it worked great but took several coats
I’m dealing with the same and know nothing about connectors or what to call this one. Any chance you could point me in the right direction for buying a new connector?

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I’m dealing with the same and know nothing about connectors or what to call this one. Any chance you could point me in the right direction for buying a new connector?
Look at couple of posts up^^^^^ @Bextreme04 showed one at NAPA?

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
Look at couple of posts up^^^^^ @Bextreme04 showed one at NAPA?
I looked at that one and passed for now because it’s $20 and NAPA said it won’t fit. I might bite the bullet and buy, but in the meantime I found a couple of websites where you can send them pics of your broken connector and they’ll recommend the right replacement. Gonna see how that goes first. At first I thought $20 was way too steep for one connector, but after looking at prices of others, $20 is relatively cheap. Now I get why complete harness assemblies are so expensive.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Go to the boneyard and get one. I'll be dammed if I'd ever pay $20 for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84