Body installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnak2003blazer79

Reaction score
First Name
Petr
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
It’s possible to install 79 or 77 Blazer body on 1985 military Blazer frame . Will all mount holes match??? Should I use 85 body mount and just drop this earlier years cab on? Thank you.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Welcome! I can't give you an exact answer, but there is a difference in the pickup mounts between the early style (80 and o!der) and the newer ones. They can be swapped with some slight modifications, so I am guessing the Blazers would be similar. I'm sure someone here will be able to tell you for sure.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
As far as know, the half can style blazers, (76-91) have the same if not very similar mounts.
The 73-75 full vert models were a little different. I believe it had lightly more bracing because of the lack of support in the roof. They are all the same size bodies, any blazer body should technically fit on another blazers frame physically, just depends on the work you want to go through. Dont see why it wouldnt work though.
I have both a 84 military blazer and a 75 full vert blazer, I would be willing to do measuring if you need. They look pretty much the same underneath.

May I ask why exactly your looking to do this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969