Blazer braided fuel line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
So this summer has been adventurous for my fuel system, early in the summer I had to replace my fuel tank and did the fuel pump too. That fuel pump quit on me 2 weeks later and found a better quality brand (Delphi) and popped that one in. Well, once I got everything on and got the gas tank back in place, filled her up with gas, and fired it right up... I noticed that my fuel line was leaking just behind the fitting. AT this point in the line, it is a braided steel line that looks flared over the hard line by the frame. the leak appears to be coming from right where the fitting that hooks up to the sending unit meets the braid. I am guessing that when I took the tank off I bent or pulled it wrong and somewhere (probably a rust spot) broke. I have looked all over online and called a couple of local junkyards and I've had no luck in finding this part... My local mechanic told me he can't get it or make it so I'm in a jam. Does anyone know how I can get my hands on this piece of line or have any workarounds/other ideas for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
build your own with AN fittings. Hard line is cheaper but you won't be able to drop the tank w/o taking the bed off.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
build your own with AN fittings. Hard line is cheaper but you won't be able to drop the tank w/o taking the bed off.

Okay, I had seen this as an option, just wasn't sure if it was a viable one or if there was an easier way. Any recommendations on where to get materials? Tips on how to do it?

I definitely want the flexibility because it being a blazer I cant remove the bed and would have to cut an access panel in the floor if i wanted hard lines.

Thanks!

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here is an order summary of the fuel lines I did on my efi 73. Measure out length you need. Wrap the cut area in electrical tape. Cut it with a cut off wheel. Remove tape.
SPRAY inside braided line with wd40 spray fitting with Wd40 then slip it in an tighten up the fitting.
Make sure no pokies sticking out.
Easy peasy.

You must be registered for see images attach

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
As a side note to anyone using my order summary do NOT NOT NOT buy that filter. It’s a piece of ****. Strait up. leaks from the housing. Supposed to be a cleanable filter. But I wouldn’t trust it. The body leaks from the serviceable area there’s an O ring. Once this thing plugs up. I’m tossing it out and buying a better one.

tsn98

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Here is an order summary of the fuel lines I did on my efi 73. Measure out length you need. Wrap the cut area in electrical tape. Cut it with a cut off wheel. Remove tape.
SPRAY inside braided line with wd40 spray fitting with Wd40 then slip it in an tighten up the fitting.
Make sure no pokies sticking out.
Easy peasy.

You must be registered for see images attach
Sweet! Thanks for that! Sounds easy enough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep