Best replacement floor pans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudy Mienert

Reaction score
First Name
Rudy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Hi, guys! I'm looking for suggestions on the best fit and quality floor pans for my '79 Blazer....mine need replacement from the forward kick-up to the seat attachment bolts.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
I think the best panels are put out by TriPlus. AMD and I think Raybucks carries them. They seem to be the proper thickness to match the original sheetmetal

Last edited:

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Anybody have any newer information on floor pans? Or replacement metal like fenders, bed sides, or corners? Is it worth reviving this thread?

I need some new floor pans for a '78 so wondering where to get them.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Anybody have any newer information on floor pans? Or replacement metal like fenders, bed sides, or corners? Is it worth reviving this thread?

I need some new floor pans for a '78 so wondering where to get them.
I work at AMD, check us out at autometaldirect.com. Anything you see on our site that has our “AMD” logo on it was developed in house and tooled by us. It all meets OE or better in terms of thickness, quality, contours and holes. Anything that says “TriPlus” was tooled and developed by them but are still good quality parts. We’re VERY close to having every single piece to build a squarebody cab and we already have the bed and front clip stuff.

Last edited:

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I work at AMD, check us out at autometaldirect.com. Anything you see on our site that has our “AMD” logo on it was developed in house and tooled by us. It all meets OE or better in terms of thickness, quality, contours and holes. Anything that says “TriPlus” was tooled and developed by them but are still good quality parts. We’re VERY close to having every single piece to build a squarebody cab and we already have the bed and front clip stuff.
Just checked the site. Need a bed floor for an 81 K20 8' bed. Is there a date they may be available?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Just checked the site. Need a bed floor for an 81 K20 8' bed. Is there a date they may be available?
Unfortunately no, our supplier got bought out and is no longer able to supply them. We have no plans to develop an 8 footer just because there's not enough demand vs the 6ft

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I bought a Key Parts brand 8' bed floor earlier this year. Very happy with the quality. I got it through Summit but looks like they no longer carry it. But Jegs has it.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Unfortunately no, our supplier got bought out and is no longer able to supply them. We have no plans to develop an 8 footer just because there's not enough demand vs the 6ft
Isn't it possible to cut down an eight foot bed floor to use it as a six? Seems odd to me that a company would supply one because it is more popular but leave the rest hanging just for the lack of a few inches of sheet metal.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Isn't it possible to cut down an eight foot bed floor to use it as a six? Seems odd to me that a company would supply one because it is more popular but leave the rest hanging just for the lack of a few inches of sheet metal.
It absolutely is, people do it all the time. But that's ALOT of time involved between cutting, welding and finishing. We're not a fab shop, all of our stuff is stamped on tools and dies. And the dies for that 8' bed would easily be $150-250k

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota