Bent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlton Huitt

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Push rods. This was a 73 350. That was running good with bubblegum and spitwads holding it togoether. I was in the process of replacing valve umbrella covers. I found intake valve pushrod 2 and inyake 8 bent. Does that means death inside that bitch and I need to pull her? Or patch her up and see? I dont know..........

kidego31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
I would pull the heads for sure and see what is going on. You got stuff bent there is something that is probably not good. Might have been over rev'ed at one point and floated a couple of valves.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I'd just pull the intake and inspect the lifters, pull them and make sure they haven't collapsed or taken out any cam lobes, and put them exactly back where they came from. Check the other pushrods too, of course. There shouldn't be anything wrong with the heads, id say pull the intake at the minimum and inspect lifters and pushrods and replace the bad pushrods.

If everything checks out I would run it. The valves shouldn't have contacted the pistons, depending on the motor setup of course.

I do agree that pushrods bending is usually over revving. Can also be from wear and tear, manufacturing defect, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC