Bench seat cushion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I need to replace the bench seat cushion and would like to use the one advertised with the holes cut out for the seat belts. My seat is original and has the flip back option. The back cushion is okay and just needs to be recovered.

Has anyone tried this and are there any problems with the seat belts coming up through the holes in the cushion and will the seat still adjust forward if needed? I plan to keep the center lap belt.

Thanks for the input.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I moved this to the more appropriate subforum

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for doing that for me, Jacob. I'm a recently retired very low tech guy who's still trying to figure how to best use this site. I'm trying to save this special truck and I know I'm going to have a lot of questions and need a lot of help.
Every week, I look forward to reading the most popular topics to see if there is anything that applies to my model. That is the site I would like to post to but I guess I'm not doing something right since I never seem to generate much response............mike

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If I’m not sure about an answer, I usually wait for a knowledgeable person to chime in. After a couple days sometimes I’ll venture a best guess, but always preface it as such.

I don’t know enough about the nuances of benches from year to year. I’m fairly the bolt pattern is the same across all single cabs, but I don’t know about the cushion shapes.

I can tell you from the short amount of time I’ve had a bench with said seat belt holes, they’ve just become an easier path for stuff to fall into and under the seat.

If no one chimes in that knows for sure, i’d go with the foam that matches your seat’s year just to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tater81