Battle with rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello everyone. I've never done body work and normally just roll with the rust. In Colorado these squares don't get crazy rotted out like other places, but they do usually develop rust in the typical spots. My 1982 K20 is no exception. Cab corners on both sides, passenger rocker and both bed sides. It's a fairly original nice truck. The A/C blows ice and the cruise control works too. I thought the body was original but after a little work with wire wheel on my grinder it seems someone has done a little body work too it. This is second nicest square I've had and I'm going to make it sweet. So here goes my first venture into body work.
You must be registered for see images attach

454-k10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rodney
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
A few more pictures

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I’ve got a couple of the panels you need, but the shipping would be murder, at least on that long rocker panel. Looking forward to the progress!

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
IMO I'd just replace the bedside(s) it would be less of a headache. Be sure to look under the carpet and cab supports underneath, the way your rocker looks you might have rot in those areas as well.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
IMO I'd just replace the bedside(s) it would be less of a headache. Be sure to look under the carpet and cab supports underneath, the way your rocker looks you might have rot in those areas as well.
Id take that as great advice. My 78 rockers are good but the same thing... hidden underneith the cab support is almost gone and theres a big ol hole in the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK