1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ball joints

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering & Brakes' started by Tombo, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Tombo

Tombo Junior Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K5 Blazer
    Engine Size:
    350 Vortec
    Has anyone ever used Mevotech Terrain Tough ball joints? Just curious how good they are. I usually use Moog stuff but thought about giving the others a try.

2. MikeB

MikeB Full Access Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    I don't see anything on their website that would indicate they are better than Moog. Some will say that Moog parts are no longer made in the USA, suggesting the quality is poorer than in the past. I have used their steering and suspension parts on 3 vehicles over the past 8-10 years, all of them have been made in the USA or France, and another country that I can't remember.:confused: I have found them to be superior to less expensive parts at the classic car & truck Internet vendors.

I made these comments on another forum a while back. They may not apply to you because you are looking for high quality, but I always love to comment on suspension and steering parts from various vendors. :)

I'd stay away from the no-name parts with super low prices. There's a big difference between $17 and $3 tie rod ends (as shown for 82 C10 at Rock Auto). Examples of issues I've had with the generic, no-name, low-bidder parts are: CPP ball joints for 55-57 Chevy had split dust boots right out of the package -- and one of the two free replacements had the very same problem! Also Elgin (that used to be a good brand) ball joints that creaked, and a tie rod end that wouldn't take grease.

3. Tombo

Tombo Junior Member

First Name:
    Thomas
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K5 Blazer
    Engine Size:
    350 Vortec
    Yea I've used cheap stuff in the past on my 98 z71. I'll never do that again. Learned my lesson lol

4. yevgenievich

yevgenievich Full Access Member

First Name:
    Viktor
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V2500 burb
    Engine Size:
    Moog and Spicer have been my go to brands for most parts.

WFO and Snoots like this.
  5. Snoots

Snoots Supporting Member Supporting Member

First Name:
    Roger
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Jimmy Sierra
    Engine Size:
    X2!