Ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
Has anyone ever used Mevotech Terrain Tough ball joints? Just curious how good they are. I usually use Moog stuff but thought about giving the others a try.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I don't see anything on their website that would indicate they are better than Moog. Some will say that Moog parts are no longer made in the USA, suggesting the quality is poorer than in the past. I have used their steering and suspension parts on 3 vehicles over the past 8-10 years, all of them have been made in the USA or France, and another country that I can't remember.:confused: I have found them to be superior to less expensive parts at the classic car & truck Internet vendors.

I made these comments on another forum a while back. They may not apply to you because you are looking for high quality, but I always love to comment on suspension and steering parts from various vendors. :)

I'd stay away from the no-name parts with super low prices. There's a big difference between $17 and $3 tie rod ends (as shown for 82 C10 at Rock Auto). Examples of issues I've had with the generic, no-name, low-bidder parts are: CPP ball joints for 55-57 Chevy had split dust boots right out of the package -- and one of the two free replacements had the very same problem! Also Elgin (that used to be a good brand) ball joints that creaked, and a tie rod end that wouldn't take grease.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
Yea I've used cheap stuff in the past on my 98 z71. I'll never do that again. Learned my lesson lol

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Moog and Spicer have been my go to brands for most parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell