Badges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Best truck design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra C2500
Engine Size
I have looked around a little but I haven't found these badges. Is anybody re-popping these engine identification badges (arrow)?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On a more serious note, I have not seen these anywhere. They were only around for a portion of the round eye lineage. I checked eBay and while I didn’t see any with my quick glance, you may find a seller trying to push an overpriced one. You might try taking that image (or even another one) and seeing if you can cobble together a new one through a local graphics company or having one 3D printed and just painting it to match. Mounting it will then be your only concern.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

On a more serious note, I have not seen these anywhere. They were only around for a portion of the round eye lineage. I checked eBay and while I didn’t see any with my quick glance, you may find a seller trying to push an overpriced one. You might try taking that image (or even another one) and seeing if you can cobble together a new one through a local graphics company or having one 3D printed and just painting it to match. Mounting it will then be your only concern.
Before I opened this thread, that scene was the first thing I thought of, lol

The sheriff is near, lol

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Before I opened this thread, that scene was the first thing I thought of, lol

The sheriff is near, lol

LOL - I came here to say this, too!

For those that don't know, the original line is from the 1948 film "Treasures of the Sierra Madre". Naturally, Blazing Saddles is a parody of this movie (and everything else, too).

K

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
I guess I can do that to all of them!

It is a bit of work taping off numbers, trimming, painting background then painting the inside of the numbers and also having the chrome number outline show. The fender badging could be done but looks like possibly more detail work. I haven't had fenders off to get them off to try to repaint. I don't think I will remove fenders just to repaint them. It could be done though.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
On my 76 I repainted the badges using rustoleum and a very small brush. I did not use the brush to brush it on but rather load it with paint and touch it in the area to be painted and let it flow on its own. I suspect a hypodermic type needle would work well with a little more control and precision than a brush and shaky hand.

I decided to paint them like the 72 Cheyenne badges partly because my grandfather had a 72 Cheyenne back in the 70's and also I like the white lettering.

Best truck design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra C2500
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads