Bad window motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
1990 suburban.

3/4 windows operate just fine.

1 window (rear driver side) just started acting up today. same behavior from both Master switch and door switch. same behavior in up and down direction.

it will move about 6in and stop. wait a couple sec and try again and it moves a couple inches and stops. wait a couple sec and try again and it moves even less. wait 10-15 min and it moves 6in again and stops. then repeat the process. this happens for both up and down.

while this is going on, the other windows work normally. my understanding is the circuit breaker affects all windows, so I don't think that is the problem. they also all share a common ground, so I don't think that is it either.

it still has power on the appropriate wire when it stops moving, so I don't think it is the switch

even if I try to physically help it, doesn't matter....the window stops moving.

I am guessing the motor is in its final death throws, but I wanted to see if anybody had any other thoughts before I order a new motor.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads
Members