Back to intermittent wipers..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
So I tried using a cheap after market solution to add intermittent wipers to my 73-79 Chevy C-10 (Wiring/cab appears to be '79) and that didn't work... It wouldn't park the wipers..

Looked at those intermittent wiper modules they have on places like LMC where ya gotta move the wiper switch back and forth a bunch of times to change wiper delay.. That's a super inelegant solution..

Over time I have seen here and there on the web and places like here, that there was a later model intermittent wiper switch that would fit in the dash right where the stock one for my year does, and was plug and play.. But it acted 'sensibly' where ya only had to turn the knob to select delay..

Anyone know anything about that?

Pretty sure I'm gonna change the wiper motor too (as the pump portion had it's contacts broken off)...

Also, there was someone here that makes electrical harnesses... Will probably want to get replacement connectors (with pigtails) at the wiper motor/pump too.. But I forgot who that was...

Need to do this before rainy season gets here...

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
The hard part is just figuring out what to order.. What parts I need...

Help..
:Stupid Me:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It should be plug and play. You need a switch and a module. Existing wiring plugs into module and module into switch.

You must be registered for see images attach

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks Dave..

But what do I order? What are those out of? (year, make, model, etc.? or are they aftermarket?)

Will it work with my existing motor, and if I want to replace the wiper/washer motor, I can just order the exact same one that's in there now?

Thanks,
Mark

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks Dave..

But what do I order? What are those out of? (year, make, model, etc.? or are they aftermarket?)

Will it work with my existing motor, and if I want to replace the wiper/washer motor, I can just order the exact same one that's in there now?

Thanks,
Mark

Those are pics that I grabbed off the internet, close but not exact. @chengny link has the images of the switch and module in the post. A 78/79 truck switch and module would connect right in.

Order of connection, connect the truck wiper harness into the module and module into switch. Everything installed the module would just hang there or you can ziptie it to something. A factory module had like a 4-6" lead of wires that connected to the switch.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have what you are looking for-you only need a working module (I refurbish the modules and benchtest) and a pulse delay switch-currently they are about $25-30 on rockauto or maybe $30-35 at a parts store. The module is the hard part to find. If you want a pulse/delay module I have (1) left for $75.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
With this module and the correct switch it is 100% plug and play-no wiring mods nor do you have to change out the motor if you have a 78-83 wiper motor and dash wiring.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have what you are looking for-you only need a working module (I refurbish the modules and benchtest) and a pulse delay switch-currently they are about $25-30 on rockauto or maybe $30-35 at a parts store. The module is the hard part to find. If you want a pulse/delay module I have (1) left for $75.

I'd be interested in this, but I won't be able to re load my pay pal acct till a couple days after the end of the month... Unless there's a way to buy now with a debit card?

Are you the guy that makes the custom/factory harnesses?

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
With this module and the correct switch it is 100% plug and play-no wiring mods nor do you have to change out the motor if you have a 78-83 wiper motor and dash wiring.

The electrical spade lugs on my motor for the pump are broken off... I either have to replace the pump/motor, or install an aftermarket pump/reservoir and wire over to that...

If I decide to go the route of replacing the motor, I'm assuming I just get the exact same one I already have?

Thanks,
Mark

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yes you can use the same year stock wiper motor.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd be interested in this, but I won't be able to re load my pay pal acct till a couple days after the end of the month... Unless there's a way to buy now with a debit card?

Are you the guy that makes the custom/factory harnesses?
And yes I accept CCs too-and you are correct in that I build new harnesses for these squares.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
And yes I accept CCs too-and you are correct in that I build new harnesses for these squares.

Does that price include shipping?

Thanks, Mark

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep-includes shipping.