Azusa Canyon, Azusa, CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've been to this place many times in my younger days.

Seems this is Chevy Truck Off Road club.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Uh Oh !!! This truck is done.

Last edited:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
That first video, kinda like here, there's one good hole everyone ends up at. But I sure am glad I don't have to pay to play!! At least not yet!!! All those trucks are running D60 fronts, think a 10-bolt would stand up to much abuse like they were giving them? The second video, could happen to anyone. The rear end kicked sideways and that left rear tire dropped in that rut and it just stood straight up! At least it wasn't anything real pretty, just a trail truck. Sux to see your toy get mashed like that though no matter what it looks like.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That first video, kinda like here, there's one good hole everyone ends up at. But I sure am glad I don't have to pay to play!! At least not yet!!! All those trucks are running D60 fronts, think a 10-bolt would stand up to much abuse like they were giving them? The second video, could happen to anyone. The rear end kicked sideways and that left rear tire dropped in that rut and it just stood straight up! At least it wasn't anything real pretty, just a trail truck. Sux to see your toy get mashed like that though no matter what it looks like.
and the big deal noone hurt.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Front clip was already narrowed, and judging by his calmness, probably not his first flop.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH yeah, I knew it was narrowed. It's a built truggy for sure. I noticed the that too. EIther this isn't his first roll or he's dazed as ****.

tranzman

Reaction score
First Name
ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
CUMMINS 4BTA
the first video is a member of a local offroad club "THE SOLANOS", the second one is a guy named Gonzo, lost count of how many times he's rolled that truck, but i know that is the 4th cab that frame has had on it, it not a truggy just another chopped up k-30,typical Canyon truck

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I noticed that about the Solanos club. They've got some nice trucks and have alot of fun. They've got many many video's up too. I'm trying to find one in paticuar I thought was damn cool. Here's one for the mudder fans. These videos make me miss East Fork.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a little intro on Solanos and some of their trucks. Looks like about 90% of their club is K5's.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Finally Found it. I don't like music video's at all. Fuggin Hate'm. And I don't like this type of music either. But I actually think this first song is bad ass. Listen close to the words, and the pics match too. I've listened and watched the first part of this video several times and even had it stuck my head for part of a day. :rofl:

Last edited:

tranzman

Reaction score
First Name
ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
CUMMINS 4BTA
thanks for the video link Hotrod,theres a shot of my friends blazer that i built for him ,that was his first time ever in real mud ,that 400sbc was screaming @ 6200 rpm the whole time

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
thanks for the video link Hotrod,theres a shot of my friends blazer that i built for him ,that was his first time ever in real mud ,that 400sbc was screaming @ 6200 rpm the whole time

Which video, which truck was it?

Just an FYI, I was born and raised in Downey/Norwalk. After parents divorced in 79, I was living in Covina off of Vincent Ave which is the same as Hacienda on the other side of I-10, and then later when my Dad bought a house in Valinda, I lived there near Hacienda and Amar Rd. I'd imagine a pretty damn rough neighborhood by now. I moved out of So Cal in late 90, been back several times to visit friends and family but can say, I'm not homesick much. I get homesick when I see these Azusa Videos or hearing of someone talking about In N Out burger, but other than that, I don't see myself moving back to So Cali. Maybe, never know but I'd like to Give AZ or Lake Havasu city a try. Being a tow truck driver, you can work anywhere.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Here's a roll over and upright. IMO, took way to long to upright that thing. Also put the recovery straps in the wrong place. They drug it sideways before it tipped back over. Tow truck driver 101, do as little further damage as possible in any recovery. Even if it's totaled. Just glad it wasn't serious, noone hurt, no severe damage. :waytogo:

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I always love the Azuza pics and videos, they always look like a ton of fun.

In the video in post # 10, that blue truck with the white stripes has got a nasty motor. :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara