Aux battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Been wanting to do an aux battery set up for awhile and have been gathering supplies for the job . Does this look like a like a ligit wiring diagram ? Or does someone have an easier way .. Thanks for any input
You must be registered for see images attach

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not sure what your second battery is going to be used for, but most RV shops carry a isolater for the house battery

Dan Miller

K15SG
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Not sure what your second battery is going to be used for, but most RV shops carry a isolater for the house battery
6 off-road. And serious back off Lights I'm about to install ,winch , power inverter to have outlets at the bed and off grid .. Yes I said "Back Off lights.. The solenoid in this diagram acts as the isolator

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
My K25 Camper Special has the factory dual battery setup, and its wired similar to what you have in the diagram, but without the two 80 amp fuses. It just uses the fusible link in the alternator charge wire.

My camper power connection would be made at the far right terminal on the solenoid/relay, so if the truck is not running you could power to the camper as long as you need to without running down the starting battery. My camper and 2nd battery is long gone, so I just have the wiring and terminal left.

Bruce

BiggDeano

Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 suburban
Engine Size
7.4L
I did it the exact same way I brought a really nice 500 amp relay for cheep on amazon and a sears battery that I found out was made by odyssey for half the price. It’s been working great for a few years now. I have a ton of stuff hooked to it. When we go camping I have a 12v fridge that runs off the second battery all night. And the truck starts right up in the am

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54