Automatic column for my 79' c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I dont know what years work and which dont, but i need a direct swap Auto column for my 79' c10....

Running a th400, so i guess i would also need a 3 speed indicator for the instrument panel, as well as the needle and spring assembly.

I dont have to have the indicator, i just want the appropriate column so it can remain period correct as im not wanting to put a bunch of mutt-dog **** on my 79.

The vision is externlly, it looks like a tired 40 year old truck inside and out.

But under the hood and trans tunnel lies a nasty surprise for anyone who wants to take a pull with me.

I want someone to look in the window in the parkinglot, and it looks just as it came in 1979.

I have a 91' column, but that will include a bunch of excessive wiring and hassle to get all that setup and it'll be wrong because the hi/lo beam switch is on a stalk, rather than the floor.

Thanks guys.

If anyone wants to do a little trading, i can also.

Or whatever!

Just let me know.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I dont know what years work and which dont, but i need a direct swap Auto column for my 79' c10....

Running a th400, so i guess i would also need a 3 speed indicator for the instrument panel, as well as the needle and spring assembly.

I dont have to have the indicator, i just want the appropriate column so it can remain period correct as im not wanting to put a bunch of mutt-dog **** on my 79.

The vision is externlly, it looks like a tired 40 year old truck inside and out.

But under the hood and trans tunnel lies a nasty surprise for anyone who wants to take a pull with me.

I want someone to look in the window in the parkinglot, and it looks just as it came in 1979.

I have a 91' column, but that will include a bunch of excessive wiring and hassle to get all that setup and it'll be wrong because the hi/lo beam switch is on a stalk, rather than the floor.

Thanks guys.

If anyone wants to do a little trading, i can also.

Or whatever!

Just let me know.

I have a 78 c10 automatic column, that's in pretty good shape. Steering wheel is ugly, but the rest is okay. I'm not totally sure, but I think its the same as a 79. I can get some pics if you want.

I'd be cool with trading or whatever works for you. Let me know if you still need it.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I like your idea by the way. Sounds like its gonna be a cool build man.

I got a bunch of other 78 parts, if you need anything else.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Heres the column out of my 78.
Not too bad, the plastic trim peice is gone, but all the pot metal parts are in good shape. Needs a new lock cylinder and a better steering wheel.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
you can use an 82 and older switches on dash still. 83 went to column,. new design column,., i have auto non tilt in my 75 thats nice and im trying to trade for a floor shift 4 speed column, for your instr cluster just add/swap the range indicator plate and cable really simple, wehy dont you just put a lock cylinder your 78 column,., not a big deal.. and save yourself all the trouble. the plastic lower shroud will pop back into place and the shift range indicator cable clips or screws to that shroud bottom edge, all you need are two ordinary common 2.5" or 3" long 3/8" x 16 thread bolts and the steering wheel/pulley puller with three slots for the bolts and washer under the bolt heads to pull the steering wheel, really easy,, and then its just a few phillips screws and the lock cyl retainer pin bolt just under the signal switch. like 20 mins and you can be done and fixed. i keep sets of spcial length size threads bolts for my puller for various different balancer dampners pullies and steering wheels, grouped together with blue mask tape with my puller. change length as needed with oversize nuts and washers, or lengths of small diameter pipe 3/8"to 7/16"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL