Aunt Fannies Old Air Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oaasport

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V10
Engine Size
Old Air Heat, AC and defrost system install for Aunt Fannie! NEVER AGAIN! Its really not bad if you dont mind mockup, drill, mock up, drill again, mockup then drill again. So i got the condenser mounted in its final location. Had to drill holes and mock up. Firewall plate is mounted and in final position. Black box behind glove box hole is evap/heater unit and is just mocked up at this point. This is just one half day worth of work and I will update as i come further along. Thanks for looking at my project and as always ask questions, post comments!

You must be registered for see images attach

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So, out of curiosity, how much was the difference between that and the original R134 setup?

Oaasport

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V10
Engine Size
@dvdswan my truck is a 1982 so it had R12. I did this because I got tired of the vacuum actuator always failing and I also wanted a heavy duty Sanden Compressor conversion so I did it all at once. Out the door and I am about $1500 in but virtually everything is brand new. new ducting, new heater core, evap, electronic mode selector, drier, condensor, wiring, basically everything that involves heat or ac lol

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@dvdswan my truck is a 1982 so it had R12. I did this because I got tired of the vacuum actuator always failing and I also wanted a heavy duty Sanden Compressor conversion so I did it all at once. Out the door and I am about $1500 in but virtually everything is brand new. new ducting, new heater core, evap, electronic mode selector, drier, condensor, wiring, basically everything that involves heat or ac lol

That's not bad for a newer setup. As I said I was just curios. I have debated with myself several times with using factory parts of R134 systems and updating the compressor. Its just the system always goes back to the vacuum issues.

Thank you.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I recently installed the vintage air in a 76 K10

Wasn’t too bad of a job although you do have to mock it up a couple of times before the final install

Blows ice cold air when you’re done though

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Having installed three Vintage Air units (two older ones with cable controls in a 69 C10 and 55 Chevy car, and one Gen II electronic control system in a 37 Chevy), I would probably go with Old Air for my non-AC 82 C10. One of the reasons is Old Air doesn't run the hoses into the passenger compartment. Also, I'm not a fan of the flimsy V/A control panels with very tiny (22-24 gauge?) wire that's an accident waiting to happen. On the 37 Chevy, we had to replace the control panel, as well as the electronic control module before we ever even fired up the car. Also had to replace that very same type panel in another friend's car. (Fool me once...) I will say their tech support is very good.

As far as your "Never again" comment, what would you buy next time? I'm not sure any of the aftermarket systems would require less work.

BTW, my V/A "Direct Fit" kit took me 3-4 days (20 hrs?) to install in a 69 C10, so what you accomplished in one day is probably par for the course. Good job on installing the condenser, filter/drier, and lines!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave