are quadrajet baseplates the same flavor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
basically wondering if rochester calibrated their baseplates like they do bodies on the qjets. i went to swap idle mixture screws from a qjet from 72 model carb to my 84 model carb and the thread size and pitch is very different. wanted to swap due to the fact that my 84 model has the odd head screws or "double d" head. just wondering if i swapped the whole baseplate if it would throw off some sort of calibration.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The Quadrajet’s used in cars changed in ‘75, so you see references to pre and post ‘75 (usually referred to as modified quadrajets). However, they delayed that change in trucks to about ‘80 (not really sure of the year). Bottom line - it’s unlikely you can swap base plates between ‘72 and ‘84.

Bruce

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Early base plate has different primary shaft length. But early base plate will work with later shaft if a bushing/spacer is added. I had to use later model shaft on older plate to get electric choke to line up. Late model plate will not work with early shaft unless milled.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara