Anyone running a Martin Turbo kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
I just picked up a complete Martin Turbo kit that was made for Squarebodys. Im interested if anyone has used one of these before. How much boost are you getting and and what kind of rpm does it come in?

You must be registered for see images attach

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I don't know of anyone that's running a turbo. Maybe someone will tag someone that is. I am interested to see the install. :waytogo:

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
I'll be sure to put up some pics! The turbo seems nice and free and has had oil in it while being stored. Im completely new to turbos especially this draw through setup. It has a valve in the intake that acts as a purge valve that regulates boost to 9 psi. If I get close to that I'll be super happy considering the whole kit cost me 200.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
That's a good deal if it's in good shape.
Seems to be. I guess I'll know if the seal in the turbo is good when I fire it up. It's old stuff so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. The other parts are in great shape. The intake is polished aluminum and will clean up nicely.

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Having a hard time posting pics here just bare with me. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Also not pictured is a special vacuum advance that will retard timing when the boost comes in. My carb will have full vacuum the whole time beings this is a draw through setup and not typical blow through. No need for an intercooler because it uses the fuel that is coming through the turbo to cool it. Quite a bit different from today's turbo systems. Can't use a purge valve because it would be venting air that is already mixed with fuel.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
This is not the right msb to seek a lot of technical engine mechanics advice or help from in my experience.
Prolly best to keep looking.

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
This is not the right msb to seek a lot of technical engine mechanics advice or help from in my experience.
Prolly best to keep looking.
Yeah I pretty much have it figured out. I was just hoping someone in here had one and could maybe tell me the output of this setup.

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
If not then I'll be the first and the info will be here for someone else but I highly doubt there are any of these setups left. It should certainly turn some heads at a cruise in.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Seems to be. I guess I'll know if the seal in the turbo is good when I fire it up. It's old stuff so I'm not gonna get my hopes up. The other parts are in great shape. The intake is polished aluminum and will clean up nicely.
Friend of mine picked up a pair of those about 10 years ago, freshen them up and did a twin turbo deal on his boat, he runs the **** out of it and been trouble free since day one, it's the ultimate sleeper until you stand on it, lol..

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
Eventually I will do a blow through setup with a modern ball bearing turbo and intercooler but at least now I have that exhaust manifold that you can bolt a turbo to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed82k20