Anyone know how to change the radio light bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Looked high & low. Can not find info anywhere. Is it possible or must the whole radio be dismantled?

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it is a stock radio you may be able to do it without pulling the radio. Can't say for sure since my radio is not installed at this time. Bulb goes in on the top, just slips in on a spring clip.

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sweet! I was also wondering this. Any idea what bulb it is?

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I know he didn't specify, but his profile shows he has an '87 custom deluxe. I would think it would have to come out in order to get a the display light.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Looks like the same bulb as the dash uses, but I can check tomorrow, radio is still out. I plan to put it in my CUCV, but need to find some knobs for it.
I ask because i bought a surplus of LED bulbs for the dash and id like them to match

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I thought this was going to be a joke based on a person or persons of Polish heritage. I’m glad you got your information but I was a little disappointed.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I thought this was going to be a joke based on a person or persons of Polish heritage. I’m glad you got your information but I was a little disappointed.
Im polish lol
I'm Polish too, and I guess it did kind of sound like a joke. Just checked the bulb and it's a 194.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
And I am also, so be careful because we get offended easily.:baby:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Growing up in Detroit Polish jokes were popular, I never let them bother me.
Same here, grew up in Villa Park, south of Chicago. Had Polish family in Berwyn . Fond memories of the Polish delicatessens with barrels of pickles and every kind of seasoned and smoked meats hanging from hooks. Knives everywhere hanging from cords, for you to sample the goods. Blocks of cheese...

And nobody told Polish jokes better than the Poles. Hard working skilled craftsmen with a good sense of humor.
Poland might be one of the best places in the world to live. People waking up to globalism big time. Closed the doors to Islamic immigration. Christianity on the rise. Kids getting married having children. Antifa gets ARRESTED!

Anyway, get that damn radio light fixed..

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Thanks guys, Italian here! It is the stock Delco w/cassette player. I'll be digging into it later. Appreciate the help.

Here's the edit. My radio does not look like the one posted above. I guess since it has the cassette player, the light is located internally somewhere. Thanks anyway.

Now I have a nice blue LED gauge cluster, AC control and 4x4 shifter, but the radio is white light.

Last edited:

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Same here, grew up in Villa Park, south of Chicago. Had Polish family in Berwyn . Fond memories of the Polish delicatessens with barrels of pickles and every kind of seasoned and smoked meats hanging from hooks. Knives everywhere hanging from cords, for you to sample the goods. Blocks of cheese...

And nobody told Polish jokes better than the Poles. Hard working skilled craftsmen with a good sense of humor.
Poland might be one of the best places in the world to live. People waking up to globalism big time. Closed the doors to Islamic immigration. Christianity on the rise. Kids getting married having children. Antifa gets ARRESTED!

Anyway, get that damn radio light fixed..
Yeah, I miss the Polish deli's and meat markets. Try to pick up some Polish sausage every time I go thru Chicago.

I really like Poland, went there for the first time a few years ago, met a bunch of relatives and visited the farm my grandfarher was born. Had planned to go back this year, but things came up, will try again in the spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84