Anyone just dropped the back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBT83

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not wanting to lower the front of the truck and curious if anyone has done a rear drop only to level the trucks out and get rid of the rake.
Thinking 1 1/2 or 2 inches in the rear and some 18's would look pretty good with no rake.
Not as good as going lower but good for quick and easy.

Pics would be great if any of you have done it.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4-inch drop shackles OR drop hangers will get you 2" at the axle. Or, some vendors sell drop leaf springs.

On another note, if you have the 4/1 leaf springs (3 leafs + 1 overload leaf), installing 3/1 springs should get you a little lower, but probably not 2 inches.

Last edited:

CBT83

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks Mike. Wish I could see the look on a truck. Seems everyone lowers both the front and rear and more so than what I want to do.
It looks good, just not sure I want to go full blown yet.

CBT83

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
HA, HA, the only time I like the wormy dog look is on a big 4x4 running big tires...thinking of running some 18" Ridler 645 Matte or Chrome and getting a level stance but not low. Kid's truck so I don't need him grinding speed bumps etc. Wheels, with fresh two tone blue and silver and maybe a cowl hood will look lean and mean even tho that 250 I-6 will be posing. HAHA. Once it blows, a 383 is waiting. Like I said, I wish some folks would chime in that have only leveled a truck out vs. dropped front and rear. It will happen but want to leave that to choice to him down the road.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Seems everyone lowers both the front and rear and more so than what I want to do.
I know what you mean. I wanted to lower my truck just a little so installed dropped 2.5" spindles last year, but ended up with around 1-3/4" because I also installed new coil springs.:confused: However, the springs have settled a little since then.

I'm just now in the process off installing dropped hangers and new 3+1 leaf springs in the rear, so hopefully will end up 2" lower than stock all-around, with a slight rake. Not very cool, I know. :)

Also, who knows how the truck sat when stock? I mean mine now has 255/70x15 tires, whereas it had the equivalent of 205/75 or 215/75 tires from the factory. But much taller 235/75 tires were an option, and there were several spring rates available. So I would guess "stock height" could have varied by as much as 2".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL