Anyone have any Jeep wj quadratrac experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylorb27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Seems the Jeep forum I’m on is dead on the wj side.
Recently I picked up a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7l with the full time quadratrac posi 4wd system. The best part is it was FREE! Body is great, no rust at all.. it was driving awesome, started right up, has an exhaust manifold leak but I’ll get to that later.
This morning I was driving to work going about 25 mph and suddenly I heard this very loud POP, I felt it too, like something let go or something was bound and freed up idk. After that I have a constant knock in the front left wheel area just forward of my feet. Now I figured a u joint or something gave loose but the front driveshaft seems just fine. I wasn’t able to grab the cv axle fully but from what I could get it didn’t feel like it was loose or anything, boot isn’t torn anyway.
I just don’t know, I’m brand new to Jeep’s and not sure if I should be looking at something simple or if it’s something major.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I have zero experience with these, but it looked like it has a solid axle upfront.

Maybe, but then I saw this.

https://www.1aauto.com/1999-04-jeep...-axle-shaft-set-trq/i/1aahk00051/1263395/1999

Chock her, jack her up, and turn the wheels - maybe you can confirm your CV joint suspicions that way.

If Quadratrac means full time 4wd then it really will need to be fixed.

Still, your price was right ...
:p

Best of luck!

Britt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128