Anyone have a good experience with Brothers Trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I ordered a set of door rubber on Amazon. I wasn't expecting OE quality but at least functional. Unfortunately the rear portion of the window channel felts isn't made properly and didn't offer a weather tight seal to the door. I watched a YouTube video created by Brothers and their rubber seemed like good quality. Ordered a complete kit with every door and window seal. Time passes. When I check on my order it just says that it's processing. I call them up and they inform me that the vent window seals are on backorder. They offered no explanation as to why I wasn't notified. I informed them that I really need at least the felts so I can replace the Amazon piece and return it, and I place another order. Time passes. Again it just says processing. Waiting until they open to call and see what the problem is. It's been more than a month since I placed the initial order. How can you just not ship if the order isn't complete without notifying the customer, especially after they contact you when you did that with the first order? This isn't a supply chain issue or muh Covid this is just crappy service and a broken system. Great luck with LMC so far.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So the vent window rubbers that are 1 piece are nearly " unobtanium". All the suppliers seem to be playing games to some extent. Just be sure to check if item is in stock or out prior to ordering. Even that is no garantee. There are many threads on here about the vent windows and asst. rubbers that are recent.
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a set of 1 piece vent window seals, from The Car and Truck Shop. Not precision brand, I can look at the package. Similar poor service from The Truck Shop. I ordered the part number in their catalog, but also in person (Phone) confirming all my parts were for a 1986. I have 2 piece seals, didn't know at the time, nor until months later when I tore the truck apart.
I'd have had to pay shipping both ways to return and get new ones, so they sit.
If anyone is having trouble getting these, I'd sell them and send them. Of course, I'll get the part number and make sure you think they're the right ones.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Lots of issues with brothers, same processing order updates but no contact. When I call it sound like there are one or two people and they are just overwhelmed. I have tried to use Summit Racing, Jegg’s and classic parts as much as I can. Now before I buy anything I ask on the forum because so many before us have done the work and found the good vendors. If I had just the money for back and forth shipping since this project started in February of ‘21 I could buy my kid his 2/4 drop kit! I hate ordering things twice!

Randy and Easton

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 57

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
And LMC has been okay, but lots of the parts are not as advertised in the quality department. Never any problem with returns. I just keep a box and ship returns to LMC about once a month. Since joining forum I have learned to do my research before buying.

Randy and Easton

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 56

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
I've been waiting for 7 months already for my Procar seat...back order and covid don't mix well together :(

andybflo

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.3 LM7/4L60E
If you need a set of 1 piece seals, let me know... Have a set in the bags yet. I'd sell them for whatever it cost me, plus shipping.
My business partner ordered the wrong set when we had a K5 in our small shop. They're from last summer...

I'll check brand when/if you're interested.

-Andy/Oldimpala

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell