Anybody else have my luck buying a headlight switch ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
My 84 K10 needed a new headlight switch, so I had a friend get me one from Carquest since he was close, their switch worked electrically, but the steel portion where it mounts to the dash was so soft and flimsy it put a bad bind on the knob shaft and would not engage the little lock button.
So, I sent it back for a refund and bought one from O'Reilly's.
Went to install it today and noticed the electrical connectors do NOT line up as they should.
See in the pic two old OEM switches, the amount of offset in the circles, then look at the new switch and its lack of offset.
There's no way it's going to plug into the truck's harness ...
Guess my next step is visit a Chevy Dealer and pay a fortune.

You must be registered for see images attach

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
I bought one off ebay for around 16.00, delivered to my door and was plug & play. Guess I got lucky!

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Now I feel stupid, I went online, found a pic of a new OEM switch, and it showed the same terminals as my new switch, just for giggles and laughs, I tried to plug it in and was amazed it actually plugged in and works !!!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
My 84 K10 needed a new headlight switch, so I had a friend get me one from Carquest since he was close, their switch worked electrically, but the steel portion where it mounts to the dash was so soft and flimsy it put a bad bind on the knob shaft and would not engage the little lock button.
So, I sent it back for a refund and bought one from O'Reilly's.
Went to install it today and noticed the electrical connectors do NOT line up as they should.
See in the pic two old OEM switches, the amount of offset in the circles, then look at the new switch and its lack of offset.
There's no way it's going to plug into the truck's harness ...
Guess my next step is visit a Chevy Dealer and pay a fortune.

I think the connector will go on.

Never mind, I see you got it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat