Anybody Bought/Own A Handheld Scope?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
350 Stroker to 383 with a 400 crank, Crane Cam, Q-Jet, single 3.5" exhaust..
I want to run an automotive-style oscilloscope on my Samsung Tablet w/Android. It should have a minimum of 2 channels - but 4 is better.

I can see all sorts of units on Amazon that install in the middle of the signal chain and send the results to the tablet - but it's pretty confusing.

Can anyone help (and is there one that will run on a Raspberry Pi - which is Linux/Raspbian?)

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have watched the Bus Grease Monkey use one off Amazon on YouTube. Bluetooth to a phone. Looked good.

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'm finding more and more value in using it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have an old fluke handheld. Prefer a stand alone vs one that connects to phone

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I have an old fluke handheld. Prefer a stand alone vs one that connects to phone
agree. I've got a few bore scope camera's. Yeh they work great from a pc or laptop, but the video on the phone (with all the crap running in the background) is iffy. An opinion on standalone vs android anything.
I want to run an automotive-style oscilloscope on my Samsung Tablet w/Android. It should have a minimum of 2 channels - but 4 is better.

I can see all sorts of units on Amazon that install in the middle of the signal chain and send the results to the tablet - but it's pretty confusing.

Can anyone help (and is there one that will run on a Raspberry Pi - which is Linux/Raspbian?)
What are you trying to see with your measurements?

59840Surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
agree. I've got a few bore scope camera's. Yeh they work great from a pc or laptop, but the video on the phone (with all the crap running in the background) is iffy. An opinion on standalone vs android anything.

What are you trying to see with your measurements?
I am working on digital signals from various sensors and sending units ---- the throttle position sensors to be the most important right now.

I recently found out how to see the rising and dropping (X & Y) values of both the potentiometers on the GM fly-by-wire throttle controls (P2122 - yuck)

The scope showed me both the X & Y signals and where they intercepted each other and the chatter on one of the pots told me that the dropping value pot was defective.

Hence P2122 cured!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
This is an old digital scope that I still use when needed.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell