Any shops/persons in Texas to do LS Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
I've been lurking for a while. I ended up saving my mom's first truck from rotting in a field (it's a big project). She loved it but lost it years ago. I picked it up with the intention of restoring it and saving it. The original engine and trans are trash in it. Owner said the trans died and he left it in the field, hood open and air cleaner off with water and everything getting in the carb.

Therefore I just want to drop it all and swap in a 5.3 + 4l60e and then do the necessary body work (was trying to get bodywork done now but impossible to get in with all the hail/snow claims the last few months).

So do you all know any shops or people that could be paid to do the swap? I recently ran into not having much if any free time and still want this project finished.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Should be able to find tons of them that are capable of doing it in central texas. Its not exactly hard, especially when someone is willing to pay to just buy the parts. You can get a standalone wiring harness and ECU for $500 or less. Several companies make a package "LS Swap" kit that comes will all the hoses, pumps, hardware, mounts, etc... to swap one into an old square. 87 TBI fuel tank and sending unit with pump, and then probably $1500 for a decent lower mileage 5.3/4l60E. A decent shop could probably buy all the parts ahead of time and do the whole swap in a week or less. I would think they would charge somewhere around $5k all in for parts and labor. With it being such a popular thing though I would bet you will get quotes from that all the way up to $10k and 3-5 weeks, but there really isn't any "custom" work necessary and everything is available off the shelf and bolts right in. If you want fully rebuilt and "custom" show car quality stuff, expect to pay a premium and maybe $10-15k due to the extra time they would need to spend working on the engine bay and rebuilding everything.

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Pro Touring Texas near Texas Motor Speedway

Talked to them tonight. Really liked talking to Eric and moving forward with this. Thanks for your suggestion!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Things are a lot easier with all current aftermarket, but there are still shops that do weird things. Plenty of shops do good work. Hangman performance in Houston does well. Not sure in Austin. If time line not as crucial, I could help with the swap.

choate

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Chad Higgs in Fort Worth is doing mine. Takes a long time to get in and you will get everything all new and rebuilt. He’s got my truck right now but it took a couple months for him to even come get it and now it’s been another month since but I already knew this going into it. I can get pricey that’s for sure but I’m getting more done than just engine and transmission. Suspension and brakes too but for what all he’s doing I feel like it’s a pretty fair price

choate

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Btw who has a screen name of Ford in a square body forum lol

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ha, ha, ha, ha,!! I was wondering about that myself!! I got a funny feeling looking at that word.

ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Yeah I tried Tejas and they were too busy for me. Plus I needed more than just the swap anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128