Any advice on a dash gauge insert and dash pad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shibuya

Reaction score
First Name
shibuya
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I just got a original dash for my truck and its what I thought was perfect until I noticed a crack. The crack is at a location on the side that is still behind the pillar trim my concern it that the crack extends. I was curious what the best thing to use for filling it would be, not for aesthetics but more so to help pull it back together and prevent any further cracking that might be visible. I will be painting the dash to my stock Blue but in the mean time I have been soaking it down with some mother's brand dash restore product to help bring some moisture back into the dash.
I also have found a original brushed aluminum gauge insert but the plastic is all smashed up. On my truck currently I have the same thing but the brushed aluminum it in rough shape. Does anyone have some recommendations to possibly remove the brushed aluminium insert and glue it on to my current gauge cluster. I am concerned it will break with force and get damaged by chemicals or heat.

You must be registered for see images attach

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it were me I'd dig it out around and under, in the hidden area best I could and use epoxy.

Shibuya

Reaction score
First Name
shibuya
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks, I was worried that is what the answer would be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank