AN Fittings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I've never used AN fittings before. I bought a kit to use for my trans lines on the LS Swap. After getting everything put together, I found the the fitting part just above where the hose connects is loose. It's not lose where the two pieces mate together, it's loose at the pipe piece just above. I can move it back and forth on the tube. Is this normal or do I have a complete set of crappy fittings, or did I assemble them wrong?

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Pics?

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
This is the type of fitting I have. The part that is lose is the tube coming out of the fitting under the word "AUTO". The pipe will move slightly in and out.

Attachments

• DSCN5208[1].JPG
    DSCN5208[1].JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 62

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've never used AN fittings before. I bought a kit to use for my trans lines on the LS Swap. After getting everything put together, I found the the fitting part just above where the hose connects is loose. It's not lose where the two pieces mate together, it's loose at the pipe piece just above. I can move it back and forth on the tube. Is this normal or do I have a complete set of crappy fittings, or did I assemble them wrong?
I just installed AN fittings from my fuel pump to the carb and I do have some wiggle in the fitting below the tractor in your pic. But the fitting connected directly to the rubber line should be tight.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I just installed AN fittings from my fuel pump to the carb and I do have some wiggle in the fitting below the tractor in your pic. But the fitting connected directly to the rubber line should be tight.
No wiggle on the bottom connector, just some in and out movement on the other connector. The rubber braided hose connection is tight, no movement.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I wouldn’t think the tube should be loose. The nut under “meet” should pinch the hose to the tubing nipple.

I’ve use similar (but not AN) fittings on air hose and any twisting action on the fitting causes the hose to kink or wrinkle, definitely not loose.

Are you sure the hose was bottomed out inside the nut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robo