AMAZING 78' 4wd crew dually!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Low mileage and no rust... What would it cost to restore a truck of the same age from the rust belts. It's half of a new truck (I know that's comparing apples to oranges).

Yeah, but a restored truck is going to be much much nicer, so that's comparing apples to oranges as well. This one in particular, most of the trim is a bit on the rough side. The interior too, it's not completely original, the worn out stuff has been gussied up a bit. It really is a nice truck, but besides the original paint, crew cab K30's in similar condition have sold for 10-15K. 20k additional for old worn out paint seems crazy to me.

I'm also not fooled by that seller. There's a lot of detailing that has been done and the ad has a lot of fluff.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, but a restored truck is going to be much much nicer, so that's comparing apples to oranges as well. This one in particular, most of the trim is a bit on the rough side. The interior too, it's not completely original, the worn out stuff has been gussied up a bit. It really is a nice truck, but besides the original paint, crew cab K30's in similar condition have sold for 10-15K. 20k additional for old worn out paint seems crazy to me.

I'm also not fooled by that seller. There's a lot of detailing that has been done and the ad has a lot of fluff.
Agree. Super nice truck but not 35k super nice

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

including cheap azz China bomb tires!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Low mileage and no rust... What would it cost to restore a truck of the same age from the rust belts. It's half of a new truck (I know that's comparing apples to oranges).
It’s an awesome looking truck and beautiful example of a square, but that truck still needs a light restore. Seller just priced it to the moon.
Not uncommon. Just saw a 2017 Tacoma TRD ext cab with some gadgets and a 4 Wheel popup camper on CL, guy wants $65k!!!!
And another Taco, used, truck only for $50 something.

I’d say it’s a $20k truck, maybe a bit more, but it’s still a sweet rig. Except it’s basically just a collector/a Sunday driver.
No one with that kind of money would subject themselves to actually using it for towing or hauling....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No one with that kind of money would subject themselves to actually using it for towing or hauling....

Money aside, that's a lot of truck for a stock late 70's 350 to use it for heavy hauling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL