Air bag question on an 84.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeliemammoth

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a question about mounting bags on the front. I know that to gain the max drop and allow enough room for bag compression the standard option is to cup the stock lower arms. In my mind, modifying the lower portion of that two-part structure (lower arm/upper cup) would be the same as making changes to the upper cup, I can't see how one would be more harmful than the other. What exactly limits you from mounting the bag inside of that upper cup and not using the flat mounting plate that is generally used? Is it strictly the diameter and the fact that there would be contact between the bag and the sides of the hole? Secondly, what would stop you from modifying the entire upper perch, removing a wedge shape from the bottom of the upper mount to open up more space between that and the lower arm?

Would there be an issue with gaining space at the top vs the bottom, is there something I am not considering?

Another question about a step notch- I have a frame from another 84, would it be suitable to build a step notch from a section of that frame and then box it in, as opposed to using rectangular tubing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes