Aftermarket bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Lenahan

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So i'm in the process of putting a new motor in my truck, (i'd like to thank everyone that gave advice from my last post) and while i had everything apart, i was wanting to put a new bumper on the front (preferably with a winch mount)

Are there any aftermarket ones that would bolt right to a squarebody? I've looked around quite a bit and only come across some that you can make fit by cutting and making your own brackets, but those are all blingy blingy, and look unattractive and quite expensive.

If no aftermarket is available, do any of you mind sharing your own custom built bumpers, And what you did to complete it?

Also what would you recommend for a winch? a few friends have used the Warn or Bulldog 9000lb winch for their rigs (jeep xj's) and have had pretty good luck with them.

I'll be sure to post an update when things start coming together :)
(picking up the donor truck next week hopefully)

Thanks for any and all advice ahead of time.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I prefer a receiver in the front and one in back, and my winch plugged into a receiver (to hold it safe and ready!) which is mounted in the box somewhere up close to the cab. I just don't like my winch sitting outside
in the weather and putting weight on the front end every moment of every day.
Food for thought...

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
there is a company called “move bumpers”. i was looking at get one of there’s.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
I built my own,

You must be registered for see images attach

disregard the white circle, that's where my jumper cables connect. highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400