After the indicator install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So, as soon as I put the new indicator in my truck, even after all I did to it to hopefully make it work better, and smoother, the dang thing hung up anyway!!! I had mentioned in another post that I was holding out on just putting in one of my old ones just in case, well this is the "just in case" scenario. I pulled the new one out the other day and got the best one I had, fixed up the lettering with "dry transfer" lettering because some of the letters had faded. I put the old-new one in and it works like silk! That was the day before I put the light in for it, now that I remember.

I was hoping that the difference between the slot for the "trolley" like @Goldie Driver calls it wouldn't have been to much of a problem after I removed the paint on the edges of the slot where the trolley slides, sanded on it in a couple of places and pulled on it over and over until I felt it was going to be okay. But you know how real life situations change things from how things test in the shop. I don't know what the difference would have been from the way I was pulling on it because I was trying to pull it in a downward fashion like it would be in the truck installed on the white plastic box. But something must have changed because it hung up on the second try.

So I just "ripped" it out, fixed up the old one, and put it in. Now, see, this is starting to sound familiar like I wrote this before. Maybe I just commented somewhere on it, I don't know. I remember saying something about "sloppy Chinese machining" because the slot for the trolley was to wide and allowed the trolley to shift in the slot and that was what was causing it to hang up, hopelessly sticking.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350