Adhesives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some of us need to do temporary or permanent repairs on our trucks or other things (even household items or kids toys) where cost and time is a factor along with what we have available to work with.

I found this Project Farm video comparing Loctite, JB Weld, Flex Glue, and Gorilla Glue pretty interesting. Depending on your project, the type of material, and the holding factor (direction of pressures) it seems that there should be a couple of VERY good options for us. I admit I really like this guy's videos and testing proceedures.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
???

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Curious, what was your ??? was about???
He is pointing out to watch the project farm video. There are several adhesives listed and depending on what your working on and the forces upon it you can find some good options from it.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
He is pointing out to watch the project farm video. There are several adhesives listed and depending on what your working on and the forces upon it you can find some good options from it.
Actually, that's what I said. Snoots commented "???". I was just curious what his question/confusion was about.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No surprise that JB Weld won the contest. I had a buddy use it in an emergency to patch a broken cast metal A/C compressor bracket. He had planned to buy a new bracket, but never got around to it. After a few years, he traded in the car with the patched bracket still intact!

On another note I think Elmer's Glue would have worked better on wood than some of the products tested!

You can keep all those Flexseal products, IMO. I think they are overpriced to pay for TV ads.

The only Gorilla brand product I have used is their black duct tape. It does work very well, maybe even little better than than the less expensive tape at Lowes and Home Depot.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've heard that FlexSeal (junk) is NOT UV stable. Works great right away and short term but it's a band-aid and not a fix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84