Accumulator question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
my system is the stock 1984 AC system. I’m in the processes of connecting the R6 compressor up. (I know, I know, but it was on the engine I bought and was told it was running fine). So new hoses and accumulator. I see that there was a change in 85. The parts store gave me one for an 85+.

Since I have to run 1990 suburban hoses anyways, will it be a problem running the updated accumulator? I wouldn’t think so, but just verifying.

This also means I don’t have to take off that rusted j pipe connector, so less work.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Many GM accumulators have identical connections for hoses, so if the threads match, the important thing is to make sure the connectors are oriented correctly to allow for the routing of the hose. I had all new hoses built for my '75, and the guy used an accumulator from a mid eighties Chevy truck because all connections are on top and it worked better for the hose routing. The old accumulator had the J pipe on the bottom.

Bruce