AC conversion onto non AC cab using Duramax swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randall12v

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Looking for info/advice for swapping AC into a non AC cab, what all is needed when using all factory 04 Duramax components on the engine. Just looking for what all would be needed to make it work inside the '87 cab.

Thanks in advance!

Adam Moskowitz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
6.6L Duramax
Just piece together the components from Vintage Air minus the compressor, brackets, and lines. That's what I'm doing for my duramax swap in my 74

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Does the 04 use the computer to control a variable compressor and engine cooling, or is it just a simple cycling clutch orifice tube (CCOT) on/off control for the compressor? I think Vintage Air controls are the simple on/off, but they might be adaptable to a more complicated compressor control.

I bought a Vintage Air compressor and brackets to replace the old A6 in my '75, and it mounts in the same position as the original compressor. All I needed was a slightly shorter belt. They may have a similar solution for the Duramax.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969