A/C Vent Quesion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eli Powell

Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
So i have an 84 k10 suburban and under the dash above the hump in the center of my floor board, I have air coming through a hole in the vent system and it has 4 screw holes as if there was a plate or cover that went over it but i have no clue what the part is supposed to look like or the name of it and i can find anything on part websites. Does anyone know what might go over the hole?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Right above the hump is the bottom of the heater plenum, and there is a short plastic extension that attaches there. It has a diverter inside to send the heat left and right, but doesn’t do much more.

if you put the controls in heat position you should feel a lot more air coming out there. In vent position it should almost shut ofF the flow there.

Bruce

Eli Powell

Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
Thank you i will look into it but a lot of air blows through there when my defrost is on and i have to tape it up in order to get air to blow through my vents.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
On the driver’s side end of the plenum (next to that Floor vent) there is a vacuum actuator to control the heat door. IIRC the motor just makes the door pivot and swing up and down like a trap door. If you pull vacuum on that actuator it should adjust the heat flow to the floor. The vacuum line may be disconnected from the controls, or maybe the door is binding.

Bruce

Eli Powell

Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10 suburban
Engine Size
I think its that actually thank you very much!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128