A/C Condenser Source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
LMC is sold out of condensers for the '75-'80 trucks and no new stock in sight for the near future, ugh!
Any ideas where I can get a quality replacement now?
It's 111 degrees here today so I'd REALLY like to get this back together asap.
Appreciate any and all input.
Cheers, Greg

GregL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 20
Engine Size
Excellent brother! thank you. I didn't expect Amazon to have that but it's ordered and on it's way.
Cheers, Greg

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Excellent brother! thank you. I didn't expect Amazon to have that but it's ordered and on it's way.
Cheers, Greg

Sorry to all vendors, but always check the Manufacturer/model # on amazon before purchasing. Depending on size, saving on shipping could be half the price.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just a heads up ! In case Amazon falls thru on you , which they have for me once .
Truck shop , concord NC derita rd . There is also one in California Just , thought you should know of other vendors .

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
LMC is sold out of condensers for the '75-'80 trucks and no new stock in sight for the near future, ugh!
Cheers, Greg

New
Just a heads up ! In case Amazon falls thru on you , which they have for me once .
Truck shop , concord NC derita rd . There is also one in California Just , thought you should know of other vendors .

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
If you don’t mind used, I believe I have a 78, maybe 79 model year condenser that would have been in front of the HD rad option(if somehow that mattered) and on a truck with a factory oil cooler. (If that mattered ) that appears in OK condition just need to straighten a few fins. It’s been on a shelf for more years than it was in a truck but they are simple exchangers not exactly like a drier or accumulator that have a life span. If not damaged they should be good assuming you clean and flush appropriately and then pull a vacuum to dry it out and assure the cleanliness just like the rest of the system.

If you would be interested I can send a photo to see if it’s accurate

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Cheers, Greg

i could get one right now from my parts store, Advanced Auto Parts. Radiator too, as that's what i'll be doing soon

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is supposedly the right one. Looks like the one in my 1980 K25. Amazon Prime, so next day delivery(depending on your location)

https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premium-7-3612-Condenser-Chevrolet/dp/B004J364CM
Ha, next day!! For me these days prime is anywhere front to 10 days. No idea what it takes thatong now??? I ordered some prime stuff this Sunday and the first of the order comes tomorrow the remainder comes next week. Now it's nat all prime, one thing was a third party seller, but this proves my point on the delivery time. And I'm not that rural. There is like 6 warehouses at least within 3 hours of me. Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, SC are all 3 hours or less from me as is ATL, and Savannah GA and Ashville and Charlotte NC. All I believe have warehouses...maybe not Ashville but I'm positive the others do.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Ha, next day!! For me these days prime is anywhere front to 10 days. No idea what it takes thatong now??? I ordered some prime stuff this Sunday and the first of the order comes tomorrow the remainder comes next week. Now it's nat all prime, one thing was a third party seller, but this proves my point on the delivery time. And I'm not that rural. There is like 6 warehouses at least within 3 hours of me. Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, SC are all 3 hours or less from me as is ATL, and Savannah GA and Ashville and Charlotte NC. All I believe have warehouses...maybe not Ashville but I'm positive the others do.
Like I said, depending on where you are. When I was in Arizona I almost always had everything second day or less. Once I moved up to Oregon there was much more delay and sometimes it would take a week or so to get "2nd Day Prime" stuff. Now they have built a big distribution center here and also a prime delivery hub and I've been able to get some items on the same day I have ordered them. Meanwhile, I ordered something from summit and it made it from Nevada, all the way to my town, in one day... then it sat(probably in the delivery drivers car) for 4 days before they finally decided to deliver it.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Isn't it USPS that delivers Amazon Prime? My wife has ordered stuff that arrived the next day, but I ordered a item from just regular Amazon a couple of weeks ago and it sat at the local USPS main post office here in town for three days. I felt like going over there and asking if I could pick it up myself but they would have told me it was already on the truck to go out, or some excuse (based on past experience). By the way it did arrive a day early though. No biggy.

Yeah, I was going to suggest going to a local junk yard and look for one you could use.